Saturday, August 15, 2009

reBlog from Kristin Hokanson: The Connected Classroom

I found this fascinating quote today:



I have to be honest, the more summer professional development I do, and the more in-service workshops I do, the more I worry about this. I spend a day or two, sometimes a week “teaching folks to swim.” I give them the skills and we go SLOW. We work on voice threads, and wikis…easy entry points. I model (swim along with them) give them support (sometimes putting on water-wings) but at the end of our time together I feel like I am still throwing “non-swimmers” into the deep end. My greatest fear, is that without a guide swimming beside them, they may find themselves close to drowning and perhaps no longer want to go to the pool :(Candace Hackett Shively explained this beautifully in her post The Swimmer’s ObligationKristin Hokanson, The Connected Classroom, Jul 2009



You should read the whole article.

No comments: